I went to Image Chef to experiment with and generate some images. It had lots of cute templates to choose from. I especially liked the ones that were animated, and added an image of waves lapping at the sand to my blog. I also emailed my husband a tree with our names carved into the trunk. I think these are wonderful tools, very attention-grabbing, that will add excitement and interest to my school's library website.
I also checked out the short list of Web 2.0 Award Winners, and ended up at Library Thing. It is so perfect for me! I tend to read a book for enjoyment, and so quickly that three months later I might not remember anything about it, even if I liked it at the time. Library Thing lets me quickly add the books I've read to my personal list, and has a picture of the cover, tags (like subject headings,) and a short summary already available. It also gives me a list of other books like it that I might also enjoy, and I can read what other members have to say about the book. (That will come in handy if I'm trying to decide on whether or not to buy a book for the library.) Now I can easily go back and remind myself about what I have read. This is a great site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment