Friday, July 6, 2007

Straightening the shelves

Week 3, Things 6 and 7
It has been interesting finding out about mashups and looking at sites like the Flickr Color Pickr and Montagr. I liked the option at Flickr Color Pickr that allowed me to click on a flower and color, and then showed many different types of flowers in that color tone . . . it would have been a valuable tool to show brides when I was doing wedding flowers. I made a Trading Card for myself with this picture on it at http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/deck.php but I couldn't upload it to Flickr to post it to my blog. It turned out very cute, but perhaps the file was to big to be uploaded. I'm never sure why things won't happen like I expect them to, and that is frustrating.

4 comments:

Libladylib said...

That is so cool to see your face in the middle of a shelf. I love it!

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

WOW! What a fun photo!

Queen of Hearts said...

I love the picture! Please tell me how you did this...
Wouldn't this be cute if you could upload student pictures and have their favorite books on the spine labels?!

Bookworm said...

I'm so glad you liked the photo! I took a picture of the books, leaving a space because I knew I wanted to put myself in there . . . then I asked my husband to take some pitures of me peeking around a wall, cut me out of the background and pasted me into the books (I used Microsoft Picture It.) Queen of Hearts, I do wish now that I would have thought to take a picture of my favorite books instead of just a random shelf. That's a great idea about pairing kids with thier favorite book . . .if I could jget them to pose just the right way!