Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 4 Thing 8 Exercise 3

I have been taking my time getting back to the computer this summer . . . but I have read all about personalized RSS feeds, and set up my own on Bloglines.com. I also added the link to the bottom of my Kraemer Library Blog, but I'm not sure if the link will take me someone directly to my RSS Feeds page without having to log on.

I like the convenience of having all my favorite sites right at my fingertips when I use the RSS reader, and I like being able to use the link at the bottom of my Kraemer Library Blog instead of typing two different addresses into the browser (although I have put both sites into My Favorites.) It is certainly a more efficient way to keep up with library-related sites at work, and will allow me to better manage the time I spend on the computer trying to keep abreast of book reviews, new research sites for students and teachers, etc. I could also include some of the book review and research sites geared to the Middle School-aged readers, and be sure students know how to access the Kraemer Library Blog and get to the RSS feeds.

1 comment:

Libladylib said...

Wait til you discover de.icio.us.
I put everything in delicious insted of bookmarks. You can tag them. You will go crazy with all the stuff I send during the year. I leave Wed for vacation. I'll see you when I ge tback. I still have the arc book for you, too.